About This Site
Oh hi there! I’m Candis Hidalgo, a stay-at-home bloggin’ wife & mama of four.
I teach strategic blogging advice to help busy mamas like you grow your blog impact + income.
I also feature other successful mom bloggers across all different niches, and have them share their detailed success strategies with you as well!
That’s what SmartMomBlogger.com is all about: making the most of our “blogging time” by focusing on productive and profitable tasks so that we can have the freedom to work from home without stressing about money.
Here’s what I believe:
- Being a healthy, positive, and present wife and mother to my children is my absolute #1 priority.
- By setting up systems and strategies for productive and purposeful work, I can run a profitable blog and business “after hours” and still have time for nurturing my real-world relationships.
- Trying to “cram work in” while my kids watch TV or are otherwise distracted is NOT how I want to do this life. It’s my one chance at being a mom, and I’m just not going to do it that way.
- Setting goals, working on something that’s important to me, and helping others not only fulfills me on a personal level and contributes to our family’s finances, but also sets a good example for my children. This is why I blog.
- I will not compare myself to other bloggers. Whether it’s blog traffic, page views, bounce rate, subscribers, money, or social media followers – numbers don’t matter. My results based on my goals matter. That’s what I focus on.
If you can relate, I think you’ll love being a part of this Smart Mom Blogger community. I share strategies for building a purposeful and profitable blog – whether you’re a complete newbie or you’ve “been around the block” – and I’d love to have you join us. When you sign up to the Smart Mom Blogger free newsletter, I’ll also let you in on my “10 Minute Webinar” series where I chat with successful mom bloggers about how they’re growing their blogs.
I started in internet marketing and design when I was 18… that’s almost two decades ago (yikes)!
My sister let me intern at her small tech startup, which was the perfect opportunity for someone with all passion and no experience. I learned about website design, online marketing, advertising, blogging, copywriting, email marketing, press relations and all things business. It was fun and challenging… and I was good at it. I’d found my “thing”.
Inevitably, love, marriage, and babies came along, and I had found my new “thing”.
From the moment my first son was born, I knew I wanted to stay home with him instead of going back to work.
I just had to figure out how to make it work financially. And so my personal blogging journey began.
Through the years, I’ve managed several blogs – from startup blogs to personal blogs – and I’ve learned a lot along the way.
And as you might have guessed, I’ve also made mistakes along the way… the same mistakes I see newbie mom bloggers making all the time!
This site is my way of reaching out to guide my fellow bloggin’ mamas. Mamas who are trying to make something better for their families and their lives. Mamas who have a vision that life can be more. Mamas who refuse to settle.
Smart Mom Bloggers.
I’m honored to have you around and would love to make it “official”. Sign up below (for free, of course 🙂 ) to get strategies for creating a truly purposeful and profitable blog in a way you can feel proud of. You’ll also get instant access to the “Smart Mom Blogger 10-Minute Webinar” series where successful mom bloggers share the exact strategies they’re using to grow their blog traffic and income!